The Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20080311052604/http://www.searchengineoptimising.com:80/forum/search-engine-optimisation-seo-general/3-some-question-about-search-engine-optimisation.html

Go Back   Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) Forums > Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) > Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) - General
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Some question......about seo.......

What is SEO?
It is the process that enable search engines to access and understand the content of a site with the end result of improved positioning on the SERPS of relevant search engines in order to obtain relevant targeted referrals with improved conversion ratios, from search engines.

What is Cloaking?
In short cloaking means to determine who visits the website and then presenting the applicable visitor with the site content relevant to their needs. In other words serving Google bot with a different page than for example the Yahoo! spider is cloaking. This will definitely result in a banning of the relevant site in a search engine, if discovered. Enabling actual human visitors to view only information relevant to their needs is not considdered cloaking. Cloaking's main objective is fooling search engines.

What is an Algo?
The abbreviation for algorithm. This is a mathematical formula that determines the ranking of pages in the relevant search engines search results.

What are Keywords / Keyphrases
These are the words that people type into a Search Engine, also known as queries. SEO's aim to rank their sites or their clients sites for these keywords and keyphrases so that they get more traffic to their websites

I Rank no.1 So why Am I Not getting Traffic?
Congratulations for getting that top spot in the SERP's, but, are you ranking for a keyword that gets searched for? If not then its not use having the ranking if nobody is looking for the reason you rank no.1. To get a good idea of search terms you can use the Wordtracker Keyword Suggestion tool completely free

What does SERPs mean?
SERP's Stands for Search Engine Results Pages

How Can I Increase my PR
First of all stop focusing on increasing your pagerank. If you have a quality website and build up backlinks then the pagerank is going to come naturally. Backlinks are a big factor or PR but there are many other factors.

How Can I get PR / When does PR Change / Wheres my PR / Whats PR
In terms of SEO, PR stands for Pagerank and is a measure created by Google to give people a small indication of a site. PR changes every 3-4 months in the Google Toolbar but the real PR Google uses changes all the time, we just dont get to see it for a while. If you feel like you should have PR check the links coming to your site, the age of your site and whether you are actually indexed in Google

How Can I see if Im Indexed
Type 'site:yoursite.com' into the Search Engine of your choice, and if your site appears then you are indexed. Remove the quotes and change yoursite.com to your actual domain

How Can I see how many backlinks I have
Go to the Search Engine of your choice and type 'link:yoursite.com'. Once again removing quotes and changing the domain. Remember Google only shows a fraction of the links it knows about so its probably better checking this in Yahoo

Whats the difference between On & Off Page SEO
Onpage SEO is more of the things you can control such as making sure you have:
• Unique title tags for all pages
• Headings in H1 / H2 Tags (preferably styled)
• Unique Content
• Good linking structure on your site
• A sitemap page on your site
• The Same version of URLs that point to the same page, i.e. yoursite.com and yoursite.com/index.html

OffPage SEO is getting backlinks to your site, one big thing in Search Engine Rankings. There are many ways to get backlinks such as:
• Directory / Article Submissions
• Commenting on Blogs
• Forum Signatures
• Squidoo / Hub Pages Content
• Releasing free tools or website templates
• Doing something that gets people talking and linking (Linkbait)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-10-2007, 10:11 AM

This is nice idea for basic seo, Can u give me advance technique of seo.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-28-2008, 11:55 AM

Woh! you have a nice collection about SEO.
Its valuable for beginners like me.
many thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 10:01 AM

Default hi

nice information, thanks you for sharing your views. thanks